Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hillary?

(picture from the Guardian)

I believe that Mrs. Clinton is too divisive to be an effective president. Too many people dislike her, as much as those that love her. The problem becomes that if she is elected President she would be ineffective.

Think about it, if you are a Republican member of Congress, would you be willing to work with someone that is so disliked by your core supporters? That is was is going on now in Washington, the Democratic members of Congress do now want to be seen as working with President Bush because of the emotions tied to the President. They do not want to be seen as "traitors".

Look what happened to Lieberman, the last vice-presidential candidate. He lost his own party's primary because he was portrayed as being to close to the President. While he still was reelected, though as an independent, it is indicative of the divisive mood the prevails.

Frankly, I am tired of it.

Here are some links that show the depth of the dislike to Mrs Clinton:

http://www.hillcap.org
http://www.freedomhq.com/antihillary.html

My personal favorite:
http://hillarynutcracker.com/

1 comment:

Potters said...

I knew when I was watching the elections that that brief moment of her raising her eyes and pointing at a friend would be captured. Franz and I both commented on it. You are right she is divisive, however I think a lot of people who are worried about the economy will vote for her. Obama is my man, but I think he does have to come out with some clear plans. I will vote against the Republican party. Having met Liberman in person, I did not vote for him last time because I did not agree with his views on the Palestinians and felt as a Jew that it would be an issue. I did not agree with his support of the war and that is why many of his party members ditched him.