Monday, January 21, 2008

Dem Debate


Did anyone watch tonight's debate?

I thought that Obama did a good job of answering Clinton's attacks, though in the end Edwards made an impression.


How I would vote if I could (Tentative):

1. Barak Obama - We need new blood, enough of the baby boomers!
2. Ralph Nader (or Green Party Candidate) - go Green!
3. John Edwards - Could be a good president
4. Ralph Nader - go Green!
5. John McCain - from a border state, understands immigration better than any candidate dem or rep.
6. Ralph Nader - go Green!
7. Ron Paul - a little nutty, but makes some good points.
8. Ralph Nader - go Green!

9 comments:

amanda jane said...

so who is Ralph Nader?

and wow, a republican gets a nod from you, impressive.

really, Nader, doesn't ring a bell.

Nicole Hernandez said...

Amanda,

you must google Ralph Nader. He has been for a long time a consumer advocate. Also, he received over 90,000 votes in Florida in 2000. Had he not run, it is most likely that Gore would have won Florida by a wide margin.

He has been the Green Party Candidate for the last two elections cycles. Go Green!

Nicole Hernandez said...

it was 2 republicans!

The Hills... said...

I have been studying the work of Daniel P. Moynihan in one of my Sociology classes (ever heard of him?). I guess Ralph Nader worked for him in his early days. It made me think of you.

The Hills... said...

Amanda,

Didn't you ever hear Nikki's story about meeting Ralph Nader in the airport? (I think that was where it was?)

Potters said...

I think Obama is a great choice, but Ron Paul and any Republican is too risky. McCain is the lessor of the evil, nevertheless, they might destory America as we know it. EVIL!

Potters said...

I really hate it when they start mud slinging. It is ugly and makes me loose respect for either party. Let's stick to the issues. I do think the Clinton's are getting a little testy.

Serena

Potters said...

I meant lose not loose.

Nicole Hernandez said...

I met Ralph Nader at the Burbank airport right after Lucia was born. I was flying up here one way and so they had me go through the search. I had to take Lucia out of her carrier and take off my shoes. It was so annoying. I was complaining and looked over and saw Ralph Nader. He was being searched too! I told him Julio had voted for him. He said, "Tell him thanks!" Then he started going off on airport security about the whole thing. It was pretty funny.